Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Transporters in New Zealand

Hello all,
    We are preparing a one way trip back to our homeland Holland and want to take our dog with us. We are informed about everything we need to know about rules, regulations, crate, total weight dog+crate, vaccinations, etc. etc. but are very frustrated about the total lack of open and honest information from so called "pet transporters" about their pricing.
    It seems they are forming a sort of cartel and NO ONE is prepared to tell you what we actually pay for their services. They all come up with a quote of around 4000 kiwi dollars and refuse to tell how that's built up. Quote of one of the employees "My boss will KILL ME if I told you!"
    Several airline companies give information on their website from which you understand that you can actually deal with them yourself, BUT... when you call them they say you have to arrange it via a pet transporter.

Is it strange that we feel we are entitled to know what we pay for what services??
    All this has made us suspicious and we analysed that the only thing they are doing is:
    - Telling you what documents your dog needs (info that is public and easy to find yourself) - and you yourself have to take care of that of course.
    - Sell you an IATA approved crate (again) without mentioning the price you pay for it, while we can easily buy one directly ourselves.
    - Deliver your dog, with the papers that you yourself supplied at the MAF at Auckland airport.
    The latter is in fact the only real effort they put in it!!

It stand to reason that we want our dog to be in a crate for the shortest time possible, which is from Auckland to Amsterdam at least 30 hours. We understand they don't let him out during stops.

Does anyone recognise this?
    More important: Can anyone give us tips, advises, etc. on how we can escape these small businesses?

Re: Pet Transporters in New Zealand

Pet Bus.......................................North and South Island
    Pet Courier..................................NZ wide
    Pet Courier Northland................... Northland to Auckland
    Walkies......................................Auckl and

Comment

Re: Pet Transporters in New Zealand

Originally posted by heykevin View Post
      Pet Bus.......................................North and South Island
      Pet Courier..................................NZ wide
      Pet Courier Northland................... Northland to Auckland
      Walkies......................................Auckl and
      Is this a reply to my post?
      I didn't ask anything about pet couriers within New Zealand.

Comment

Working...
      X