Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyonwe suggest prevention tips from Flea & Tick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyonwe suggest prevention tips from Flea & Tick?

Hi All,

I am flying to USA next week and traveling across few states like NY, CA, FL and KY with my dog. I am not sure about flea & tick issues in these region. Can anyone suggest me tip to prevent my dog from flea & tick while travelling? I have take frontline plus 3 months supply with me.

Re: Can anyonwe suggest prevention tips from Flea & Tick?

If you are traveling with Frontline, you should be fine. You will find fleas especially in sandy or dry areas to be a problem, but your dog will be protected.
    Susan

Comment

Itch Relief Products. Itching from flea or tick bites can make your dog miserable and may lead to skin problems or infections caused by excessive scratching or licking. The best solution is to alleviate your pet's discomfort as soon as possible, while at the same time dealing with the ticks or fleas. As veterinarians, we have found that Drs Foster & Smith Itch Stop products provide immediate non-stinging relief from the pain and itch of flea and tick bites. Itch Stop is available as a shampoo, salve, lotion, spray, or pads, depending on your need. We also offer several other sprays and rubs to deal with itching from fleas and ticks. For dogs that need all-over relief, a soothing shampoo can be just what the doctor ordered. Drs. Foster & Smith Oatmeal Shampoo soothes irritated skin and can help to calm the inflammation of flea allergy dermatitis.

Comment

Keep out your dog in wooded and grassy areas because flea and tick is prone with these areas.

Comment

One of the most effective flea and tick control options on the market are Frontline and Advantage - topical "spot" medications that are used on your dog once per month. This type of treatment kills adult fleas and younger fleas or pupae during development.
          It lasts between three and four weeks and is less toxic and more effective than most treatments available.
          The pros for products like these are their effectiveness and ease of use.
          Cons are that you can't bathe your dog for 2 days after treatment, they are not always effective for large dogs, and you should beware if you have small children. Make sure you apply the treatment far away from little hands and fingers!
          Additionally, these treatments are not "repellants" so parasites will bite or attach before they die.

Comment

Above all, keep your pets healthy. Fleas and other parasites have less effect on healthy animals...and they tend to live on pets who are unhealthy and/or have weak immune systems. And, as with healthy humans, healthy animals recover from illness faster and in the case of contracting parasites, are not likely to get sick. It's a matter of immunity.

Also be aware that stressful conditions weaken immunity in humans and animals. A harmonious home is a healthier one.

Chemical-free, drug-free ways to keep your pet from getting "bugged" include inspecting your pet each day, and better yet, after each outing outdoors. Also see above for combing and bug removal tips.

A growing number of pet owners use natural ingredient-based flea repellents, immunity-boosting dietary measures and other techniques, instead of chemicals and commercial medications. Following are some natural/holistic approaches that many people find effective.

Comment

Working...
            X