Traveling with cat to Hungary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling with cat to Hungary

We are moving to Hungary and take our cat with us. We've been at the vet and the cat got a chip and vaccination (rabies). We also got 5 copies of a 6 copies certificate, which is signed on the right side by the veterinarian. He said we should send this papers to Atlanta and will get back (maybe another one?) from there. Later his assistant told us, we don't need to send it anywhere, it is good for traveling like it is. Now I see that on the left side there is a head: Endorsement for international export, which should be signed by an approved veterinarian. There is no sign or stamp there. I don't know if I have to send it now to Atlanta or not. Is it valid for traveling? We will travel by Lufthansa from Savannah via Charlotte and Munich/Germany to Budapest/Hungary. Savannah-Charlotte flight is operated by US Airways/MESA Airlines. I want to be sure that everything is alright. Could you help us if we need some other paper or sign and stamp on this one? Thanks

Re: Traveling with cat to Hungary

To take your pet into Hungary it must have been micro chipped with the ISO 15 digit microchip, then vaccinated for rabies. About 2 weeks before you travel your veterinrian will complete the EU form 998 for Hungary. This form must then be sent to the USDA area office where it will be certified and returned to you.

If you are referring to the airline veterinary certificate that one does not need to be certified.

If your pets are changing airlines in Germany you may have a problem as the airlines will not normally transfer the pet from one airline to another airline. If this is the case then you will also need the EU form 998 for Germany for each pet. You should check with the airline.
    Jerry

Comment

Re: Traveling with cat to Hungary

If you need to bring a cat over a long distance, either to move or for a visit, you want to make sure that you have the right tools to keep them from climbing up the car seats
      Last edited by Campbell; 10-25-2011, 10:53 AM. Reason: no links

Comment

Working...
      X