Which airlines are most pet friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which airlines are most pet friendly?

I plan to travel with my pet early next year, from Japan to Australia, and it's a dog, a bit naughty. This is my first time taking a pet. I'm wondering, certain airlines do not allow pets on the plane. So which airline is most pet friendly? Thank in advance.

Re: Which airlines are most pet friendly?

tutu10 - Qantas would be the preferred airline between NRT (Narita) and MEL (Melbourne) as it flies the route non-stop. Your dog will need to fly as air cargo into Melbourne for 10 days of mandatory quarantine, so you will need to contact their cargo department for details. If you do not know, it will take a minimum of 180 days to import your dog to Australia. You can find requirements here if you need them: https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/australia.cfm.
    Susan

Comment

there is one thing I would say; avoid connections up to about 6/7 hours. a 6 hour non stop will turn into 8 hours if you take a connecting flight. The connecting flight increases the stress for the pet, avoids time sitting on the tarmac waiting to be loaded, reduces possibilty of loss. Even on longer non stops I would still take the non stop UNLESS you can collect your pet at the stopover, leave the airport, go to an hotel so you can both rest and continue next day.

Comment

Working...
      X